Saturday 7 April 2007

Limited time, limited editions


The trouble when you immerse yourself in a new project, whether ethical or not, is that everything else becomes at risk of falling by the way side - relationships, you usual leisure activities and for me, my house. I'm living in a bit of a mess at the moment, my husband would call it a pigsty, I on the other hand see it as our 'nest'. I'm surrounded by magazines & books, scraps of fabric, shells, driftwood - all for inspiration of course. The cleaning has been overlooked in favour of jewellery making but at least we still make time for cooking - you've got to eat! I fear Christine is worse (she really needs help for her increasing driftwood collection) but we are finally unleashing all those creative ideas we've been harbouring.


I have been working on earrings - recycled glass & vintage pearls with a starfish (pictured). Its going to be a limited edition, in fact most of our designs will be limited because its gets boring making the same thing over and over. We are also trying to come up with a philosophy, about our ethical and green principles etc. I'll let you know what we've come up with next week.
Oh and we also had a mention in New Consumer again, in their ethical blog round up.
Happy Easter
Ella


No comments: