Monday 13 August 2007

Old bags


When you start obsessing about green living like me (although I am so very far from perfect), you notice little things like how many black bags versus green bags that your neighbours use or what packaging consumables come in. Today I admired the many Sainsburys customers at the checkouts with their various forms of reusable bags etc. One guy had several big blue IKEA bags and another had a well organised system of plastic boxes. I was so proud of them! What annoys me is when I go out and invariably buy something (the forever consumer) but forget my bag. That means I either have to struggle to carry the said purchases without a bag and receive strange looks from the shop assistant or take the plastic option and be wracked with guilt. Luckily these occasions are reducing now I take my little emergency shopper with me. Neatly tucked up into a pocket, the onelessbag transforms into a beautiful and useful bag made from recycled sari's by homeworkers in the UK. I can now be a little bit smug and guilt free. In addition to our designs we are currently selling the onelessbag at fairs/shows.
For more info visit the onelessbag website.
From the old bag,

No comments: