Saturday 14 July 2007

From Accra to Swansea


Whilst Accra, Ghana was sadly on the news with regards to an attempted drug smuggling by two 16 year old British girls, I was opening my box of beads from that very place - which looked like they that had also been checked for any abnormalities by customs. A fragile star pendant came a cropper but otherwise, the new stock is exciting and we have ordered some UK beads to compliment them.

A farmer from Organics-to-go contacted me this week asking if I wanted to take a bag of produce, as he had a surplus. Of course I could not refuse and for a change from the usual nuisance calls, it was nice to be asked.

A writer for Swansea Life and Swansea Business Life magazine is looking to interview Green Beach as part of a feature about Swansea being on the 'crest of an eco wave'. I'm looking forward to rabbiting on about my favourite subject. This has renewed my idea of opening an ethical boutique locally. Cardiff have one (Oyster clothing) - would enough Swansea folk be interested - leave your comments please. Opening a shop is a big ask, so perhaps the web shop can be developed first.

Peace
Ella
[Pic:- starfish beachcomber necklace - available in a frosty version in the new collection]

No comments: