Monday 14 May 2007

Green Beach and the Green Dragon

Green Dragon helps companies commit to environmental management and meet recognised standards. In order for me to check out our environmental policy and see if we are doing the right things, I emailed the local representative today.

Hi Jake

I am launching a small business; making and selling accessories and gifts, both online and through independent retailers. I heard about your standard when I completed a Waste Management course through Swansea Uni and now recognise the Green Dragon Environmental Standard logo throughout Wales. Being environmentally aware and taking the relevant steps is key to the business - we make jewellery using recycled materials (such as recycled glass beads and vintage pearls), the gift bags are reused material and the packaging is of course recycled too. I would like to know how I can achieve the Green Dragon Environmental Standard and understand that there is various steps I will need to take to get there.

Hope you can help
Ella


Jake emailed me back before I could upload this blog, to arrange a meeting - will keep you up to date on the results.
Pictured: The Green Dragon Standard logo - we hope to be able to display this symbol permanently when we complete the review.

No comments: