Wednesday 2 May 2007

Having vision and not being afraid to use it

We're having fun getting ready for the fashion show. I'm a bit of a wannabe eco-entrepreneur and decided to contact Visionary Soap and sell some of their products on the stand. I think I have been watching too much of 'the apprentice' - just hope at the end of Friday I have been more successful than last night's effort. Alan Sugar gave them a list of the best organic farmers produce to sell in France and what do they do - buy slabs of mass produced cheese instead from Macro! Anyway, Christine tells me that even if we don't sell much, it's a good chance to network and get our name out there. That was one of the reasons I thought I would bring Visionary stuff too because I don't think they have an outlet in Wales. They are based in Hastings (which I should point out was recently recommended by Alistair Sawday as one of a handful of seaside gems, including my dear Mumbles)and will soon be selling through selected Oxfam stores. We have gone for the popular, luxurious bath melts and fruity lip balms in frosted glass jars - organic, fair trade and handmade. Monica at Visionary is good to work with and sent me a whole load of information about the fair trade producers, as well as bags and postcards.

We pooled all our stock yesterday to practice our display for the show. Christine's clever husband made a necklace stand out of driftwood and it looks fab. All the items (except earrings) we will be selling will have fair trade recycled glass (and I have been told that proof of fair trade status may be checked); these include 'drop in the ocean' pendants and bracelets in a variety of sea tones, the 'beachcomber' low impact range on hemp, 'Penclawdd pearl' earrings and a 'seaweed mermaid' anklet with a mermaid clasp. Anyone who fancies a visit to South West Wales - this is the weekend to come - Friday - 7pm, the National Waterfront Museum, Swansea. Campers should try the Three Cliffs camping site with panoramic views.

See you Friday
Ella

Organic Jac's Welsh links
Okay, so my blogging is in fear of turning into a Howies fan site but David never ceases to impress me - now he's got lots of vision. His latest offer is to the First Minister (whoever that may be, after today's polls) - make Wales's produce 100% organic. Makes sense, eh?

No comments: